- Maxwell & Anderson LLC – Founding Partner
- McGuireWoods LLP – Partner
- Merchant & Gould LLP – Partner
- Duane Morris LLP – Partner
- Atlanta IP Inn of Court – Master
- Atlanta Lawyers Club
- American Bar Association
- City of Brookhaven Economic Development Authority – Chairman
- Buford Highway Redevelopment Taskforce – Chairman
- Leadership DeKalb – Class of 2016
- Economic Development Fellow Program – 2016
- Clemson University – B.S. Engineering
- University of South Carolina – M.B.A. with concentration in Finance
- University of South Carolina – J.D.
- Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina – State Courts and U.S. District Courts
- Eastern District of Texas, District of Colorado, Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin.
- Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, Fourth Circuit, and the Eleventh Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
Luke Anderson has earned Martindale’s highest AV® Preeminent rating by developing a deep awareness and understanding of the interplay between the complicated technical, legal and business issues facing today’s innovative technology-based clients.
Mr. Anderson is an experienced patent attorney with broad varied litigation experience handling general commercial litigation matters and more specifically intellectual property and related business litigation in state and federal courts around the country, before arbitration panels, and before the United States Patent and Trademark Office from trial through appeal. He has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in intellectual property litigations in district courts throughout the country and in multi-district litigation. Luke also has experience handling post-grant and inter partes review proceedings before the United States Patent Office. He regularly advises, CEO’s, senior executives, general counsels, investors, and individual inventors on the role of intellectual property in their businesses and in their broader industry.
Luke is a patent attorney that focuses his practice in the area of patent, trademark, trade secret and intellectual property law. Mr. Anderson works closely with his clients to identify and protect the unique and valuable aspects of their businesses. He has worked with a broad range of technologies throughout his career including:
- computer software and hardware
- Internet applications
- business methods
- financial transactions
- chemical and pharmaceutical
- mechanical and manufacturing
- financial services and insurance
- automotive parts
- green and renewable energy.
Mr. Anderson is the author of Anderson’s Annotated Local Patent Rules for the Northern District of Georgia that summarizes and analyzes cases applying the district court’s local rules in patent cases. He has also had articles published in the IEEE’s Computer magazine discussing the application of professional standards in technology disputes.
Mr. Anderson has been recognized for his legal ability and professionalism in numerous surveys, including annual recognition as Georgia’s Legal Elite.